Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wed Sept 30, Day 48


Thoughts on sleep...

no, I'm not going to complain about not getting enough sleep. We have had enough of those complaints. Although, I'm still not sleeping through the night.

I absolutely love it when Henry falls asleep when I am holding him. It might be after he is done nursing and he just dozes off in my arms and on the boppy. It might be that I am rocking him to sleep. It might be that he is fussy so I have him on my chest and I lightly bounce/shake him up and down to settle him and he falls asleep. It doesn't matter how or why it happens, but I love it. However, in some of the books I have read (and I think I am overloading on information) it says that you shouldn't let your baby get too used to sleeping in situations you don't want to repeat forever. Now I know that I don't want to bounce Henry to sleep every single time he is supposed to go to sleep from now until he goes to college, but I do want to hold my baby as much as possible. I don't think it can hurt to let him sleep on me or in my arms from time to time. He's not even two months old yet.

Another thought: sleeping in bed with us. We do not co-sleep with Henry. Neither of us would sleep. We do bring him into bed with us if he is super cranky and he's been fed and changed. If he just wants to be held and its four or five in the morning and I've been up multiple times during the night, he comes to bed with us.

I've talked about the bassinet and the crib and naps in previous posts.

Sleeping in the swing: sometimes this is a blessing. If we just can't get him to sleep or if I am cooking dinner, Henry goes in the swing. Thank you for the swing, Mike and Amanda! I don't think it does him any harm to sleep in the swing. I try not to let it happen more than once a day because I want to make sure he get comfortable sleeping in his crib too.

Dreams: Ever since we got home I have had dreams that I am feeding Henry or that I am holding him and I wake up and FREAK OUT when he isn't there. This dream happens too often, but it has slowed down a lot. It's not every night anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment