Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 91 Thursday 11/12

ERGO Victory!

We have three ways to carry Henry. We have the fabulous Ergo, we have the awesome Sleepy Wrap and we have a pretty cool sling.

The sling almost immediately hurts my back and I can't figure out how to not cover Henry's face. This one, though, is the easiest one to just throw in the diaper bag to have on hand.

The Sleepy Wrap makes me so hot, it is a LOT of fabric! We have had some victories in the past, but the last time I used it, he cried like crazy.

I have been waiting to try the Ergo again because when I tried to follow the directions and put him the way a newborn should go, it always seemed to somehow cut off circulation to his legs because you could see them turn blue. I hated that and I knew he was probably too big for that hold and yet not big enough to have him put his legs around my waist.

Well today was the day! I figured, he is almost three months old, I can put his legs around my waist! So I suited up! Put him in the carrier, and we went all the way to the post office, to the tea shop and then back home. It was quite a work out, but he slept for most of it and I could calm him when we were in line at the post office for way too long and the inactivity woke him up. (I can't stand our post office: North Hollywood... you suck!)

The Ergo is wonderful and I feel like he is secure and I hope to do the hike with him sometime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so this is old, but I have to say, I LOVE BABY Carriers! I have an Ergo too and I do like it a lot for older babies and toddlers. I've used various carriers since baby #4 and my absolute favorite is a mei tai (specifically, I love my Kozy from www.kozycarrier.com ). Its versatile, comfortable, and pretty. :)
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete